Saturday, March 28, 2009

Heritage Haus in Carmine, Texas


Window from Deb Taylor's Heritage Haus

If you ever go antiquing in Round Top, you've got to stay at the Heritage Haus in Carmine! The B&B offers a warm and inviting atmosphere and the neatest creations Deb Taylor has made!

Deb is an artist of mixed media and photography...the pic above is from Deb's website and is one of her creations. I just love it! It was heartwarming to actually see it in reality! It's bright, open, airy, fun...gives a sense of freedom! I left there not wanting to throw anything away because I know it could be used in some sort of art form! All the way home, I was trying to figure out when I could go back to take one of her workshops! What is even stranger, we grew up in the same area and graduated from the same high school! If you have never met her, she makes you feel like you've known her forever!

Deb's partner Matt makes you feel the same way! Matt had adventured out early Friday morning looking for treasures and had bought some beautiful crystals that Deb could use for her artwork. It was so sweet to see the love and joy he had in bringing her this gift! You don't see that very often in a man! You rock Matt!!!

Upstairs at the B&B are four bedrooms and two bathrooms for the guests. I must admit I've never shared a bathroom with strangers before at places I've stayed at, but it worked out well! Saturday morning we got up and before we knew it, we were all sitting around in our jammies with the people we shared bathrooms with laughing, drinking coffee, talking about our adventures from the day before, treasures we found, good places to eat...it felt like we knew them forever too! It was so much fun!

Deb Did It! She made us feel right at home! Also, a few doors down is the most awesome restaurant called JW Steakhouse. The best chicken fried steak you'll ever eat . I had the chicken fried steak sandwich. Amy asked me while I was "ooooing and awwwwing" if I needed to be alone....it was that good!

Thanks Deb and Matt for a wonderful time at Heritage Haus! We can't wait to come back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terri, I am so jealous! I love Round Top! Was planning on going this spring but grandmotherhood got in the way. Hopefully in Oct.

deb did it said...

Oh Terri, what a beautiful compliment. It makes ME want to go upstairs and be my own guest!!! We loved you and Amy and can't wait to see you here again at the Heritage Haus.

T's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones